Friday, August 26, 2011

Belated birthday fun post!

Happy 1/4 of a century birthday to me! Despite being so far away from family and friends, I had a great birthday! I was working when it started, and without even knowing it was my birthday one of my patients bought us pizza! One of them was even a veggie pizza, so after that I knew it was destined to be a good day.

I hated the idea of sleeping the day away, so I only slept for a few hours after work. Yes, I completely love birthdays. I love how the day just feels special, and it's an excuse to do whatever you want. Like going to glow in the dark mini golf, for example. Which is what we did! YES!

Insert birthday fun here!

Totally awesome pinball machine-sized Operation. No, I didn't try it out. There's really no need to embarrass myself on my birthday, now is there?

Hehe, so cool!

Glow in the dark Scott!
Not too sure why it looks like he's wearing a neck brace.

Glow in the dark me!

Glow in the dark sea anenome!

SUN!

I wish turtles actually looked like this.

This reminds me of those cheesy 90's posters with the whales and dolphins in space... which I absolutely LOVED!

And on the 18th hole... aliens destroy Earth. The End.

So what if there was horrible dance music blaring in the background and I lost (by only 2 points, I must add).... I frickin love this place!!! I feel a yearly birthday tradition coming on...

After mini golf we headed downtown. We weren't that hungry yet, and it was a gorgeous evening, so we wandered around a bit. Halifax is such a beautiful city.

Next year I want a sailboat for my birthday!
Actually, I'll accept any kind of boat.

We took a wander around Citadel Park, but we'll have to go back another time because the citadel itself was closed.

Scary looking!

 Pretty city!







I love how the sidewalk is like a boardwalk.

This is where we went for dinner!


I desperately want to make some of those lights above the bar - just cardboard tubes with a light inside and wallpaper wrapped around the outside!

 
Scotty!
He had a Goggle Burger, and I had a balsamic marinated portabello mushroom burger with goat cheese and pineapple chutney. YUMMMM!

 Everywhere you go in Halifax there are church steeples peeking out, very cool.

 Scott is not at all excited about this candy shop.

 I love the old architecture, everything has so much character!

 We're in the Maritimes now, baby!

 Pretty alleyway.

I'll be taking a couple classes here, at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design.

The evening was perfect. So warm, but a cool breeze off the ocean. Everything felt so magical! And we finished off the day with carrot cake. Mmmmm, perfect.


2 comments:

  1. Glad it was good. Cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your day! Life is good even when you are really Old! haha
    auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete